Nine members of Alpha Upsilon Kappa, GRCC’s chapter of the Phi Theta Kappa international honor society recently attended a regional conference along with 31 other chapters.
For the first time ever, a GRCC student ran for a regional board position: Morgan Brown was elected president for the 2017-2018 academic year! Each of the six candidates had to give a speech and answer questions. They also campaigned at a political rally, greeting members and voting delegates prior to the board election.
Brown also won the prestigious Mike Sherman Candidate Award, given to a candidate deemed the most motivational and supportive by their fellow candidates.
Other awards won by the GRCC chapter were:
- Continued 5 Star excellence — for earning 5 Star status for the second consecutive year.
- Top 3 Officer Team — for GRCC students Morgan Brown, Marcus Barissi, Gino Gonzalez, Caleb Graveldinger and Alex Brown.
- Top 2 Advisor Team — for Erin Busscher and Lynnae Selberg.
- Visual Arts Award — for Morgan Brown (her second consecutive win in this category).
Congratulations to the golf team, which won the MCCAA State title!
An episode of “Cooking With Angus” has been nominated for an Emmy from the the Michigan chapter of the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences!
The “Mozzarella” episode is nominated in the Historic/Cultural program or special category. The winners will be announced during a June 10 ceremony in Detroit.
Because of construction, the Counseling and Advising Center has moved the Data Center, under the Bostwick parking ramp.
You’ll find the Data Center in the southwest corner, near the elevators. Questions? Call (616) 234-3900.
Subway and Patatas will be open through the first summer session, which runs through June 23.
- 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fridays.
- 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays.
- closed on Fridays.
Need coffee or some lunch?
Starting May 8, the Quiet Cafe reopens for the summer: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays.
The Disability Testing Center is moving to room 109 in the Calkins Science Center for the summer. You can still reach the office by calling (616) 234-3597.