The Raider Fun Run 5k drew a big crowd. Today is the last day of Homecoming, with a tailgate from 5-6:30 p.m. on the Raider Grille patio, a ribbon cutting for the new student section at 6:15 p.m. in the fieldhouse, and the volleyball game at 6:30 p.m.!
Students joined the volleyball team in decorating lunch bags for Kids’ Food Basket as part of this week’s Homecoming activities.
Homecoming kicked off with breakfast on October 16.
The goals of this event is to raise awareness among students about mental
health resources and to encourage them to seek help when they hit
roadblocks or have a life crisis that is creating barriers to their success.
Mental Health & Wellness Resource Fair: October 23, 2017 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
“GRCC has not had a homecoming in a long time. That changes now!”
Homecoming 2017 will take place the week of October 16th. There are activities that you can take part in throughout the week. On Thursday, October 19th, faculty, staff, students, and alumni are all invited to a Raider Tailgate. The tailgate will take place in the Raider Grille from 5-6:30 p.m. Food will be provided, and there will be family-friendly activities. Then head on over to the Fold Fieldhouse to cheer on our GRCC Volleyball team as they take on the Lake Michigan Red Hawks.
For more information about all of the Homecoming activities, please visit grcc.edu/homecoming.
Student Life has planned a variety of activities to celebrate GRCC Homecoming Week 2017.
- A MAIZE’n Breakfast — 8:30-10:30 a.m. in the Calkins Science Center. A breakfast of doughnuts, cider, and coffee for the first 150 students who show their RaiderCard. Monday Oct. 16th
- Raiders with a Heart of Gold — 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the Main Building’s fourth floor. Join volleyball team members in decorating lunch bags for Kids’ Food Basket. Donations — food items or money — will also be accepted for the organization. Lunch of soup and sandwiches will be served to the first 250 students with a RaiderCard who decorate a bag.
- Raider Fun Run 5k — 6 p.m., starting at Ford Fieldhouse. This free race is open to students, employees, and the community. You can sign up in advance, or register from 5-5:45 p.m. the day of the race at the fieldhouse. The first 100 runners or walkers will receive a racer bib, water bottle, and long-sleeve shirt. The route, from the Main to the DeVos campuses, must be completed twice to total 5k. Wednesday Oct. 18th
- Shiver-Me-Timbers Tailgate — 5-6:30 p.m. on the Raider Grille patio. Activities will include yard games, photo stations, poster making, face-painting, and crafts. The first 25 people attending will receive a free Homecoming shirt.
- Ribbon cutting for “The Cavalry” student section — 6:15 p.m. at the fieldhouse.
- Volleyball game — 6:30 p.m. in the fieldhouse with the Raiders facing the Lake Michigan College Red Hawks.
About 60 students — representing 26 GRCC organizations — attended the recent Leadership Institute organized by the Student Life Office.