Each year, Student Alliance and the Campus Activities Board host the Student Leadership Banquet, which recognizes students for their contributions to the campus.
This year’s banquet, with the theme “Grow Where You Are Planted,” will be held March 28 in the Goei Center, 818 Butterworth St. SW. Doors open at 5 p.m. All student organizations, advisors, faculty, staff, and award nominees are encouraged to attend. You can RSVP online through 5 p.m. March 14.
Students, staff and faculty can nominate people for awards that will be given out during the banquet by filling out an online form:
- Benhem Service and Civic Engagement Award — Goes to a student enrolled during the 2018-19 academic year who has a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA and has shown leadership in service and civic engagement initiatives.
- Brian Kloet Campus Involvement Award — Goes to a student enrolled during the 2018-19 academic year who has a minimum cumulative 2.75 GPA and has established a cross-college interest in campus live and has helped promote the overall college experience through outstanding citizenship.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Award — Goes to a student enrolled during the 2018-19 academic year who exemplifies the spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. through community involvement and campus life and who seeks to bring change by promoting his philosophy.
- Cedric and Sandy Ward Leadership Award — Goes to a student enrolled during the 2018-19 academic year who has a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and who demonstrates outstanding leadership skills throughout the community or college.
- Jerry Benham Award for Staff or Faculty — Goes to a current GRCC staff or faculty member who actively supports students and acts as a mentor and role model for leadership development; gives time and resources selflessly and advocates for students; projects a positive attitude and image toward students and other GRCC community members; develops and encourages students’ thoughts and ideas; and does not have involvement in student activities as part of their job description.
- New Student Organization of the Year — Recognizes an outstanding new student organization, formed or revived during the current academic year, that has created and sustained an inclusive and creative group.
- Student Organization of the Year — Recognizes an outstanding student organization that demonstrates unity within the group and benefits the GRCC community significantly through programs, service or inclusion.
- Project, Event or Program of the Year — Recognizes an organization, or multiple organizations, that worked to plan, implement and promote a single project or event, or a series of events, during the year.