Business Department faculty discuss various topics throughout the semester in the Business Cafe series. All the sessions are drop-in — and open to all students, not just those in business majors — so stay for 10 minutes or the entire time. Snacks are provided!
Here’s the schedule for November and December:
- Pursuing a Law-Related Career — From 9:30-10:30 a.m. Nov. 1 in room 213 of Cook Hall, Professor Garry Brand will explore GRCC’s multiple paths to an undergraduate degree and law school. Representatives from Western Michigan University’s Cooley Law School will also answer questions.
- Transfer Resources — From noon to 3 p.m. Nov. 7 in the Business Tutorial Lab, associate professor Brent Spitler and professor Jeff Spoelman will share GRCC resources that can help you transition to your four-year school of choice. Representatives from business programs at many area institutions will also answer questions.
- Careers in Accounting — Assistant professor Jennifer Knauf will discuss the requirements for an Associate of Business with an accounting major at GRCC as well as transfer requirements, from 11 a.m. to noon Nov. 14 in the Business Tutorial Lab. She will also look at accounting careers, CPA requirements and internships.
- Academic Pathways — From 9-10 a.m. Nov. 15 in the Business Tutorial Lab, assistant professor Matheta Righa and Sarah Rose, director of the Occupational Support program, will look at resources that can help you decide which pathway and academic program is right for you. You’ll also have a chance to ask questions!
- One Scholarship Application, Hundreds of Opportunities — Sarah Laycock, coordinator of scholarships and state financial aid, will share tips for making your scholarship application stand out, from noon to 1 p.m. Dec. 5 in the Business Tutorial Lab. You’ll also be able to begin the process of applying for GRCC scholarships during the session.