The Counseling and Career Center is hosting a series of free workshops this semester, covering topics related to personal development, academic skills, career planning and emotional well-being. All workshops are offered on a drop-in basis — no advance signup is needed. Questions? Call (616) 234-3900 for additional information.
The workshops being offered in March are:
- Alcohol and Marijuana — Learn strategies for decreasing or eliminating your use of alcohol and marijuana; 5-6 p.m. March 1 in room 336 of the Student Center.
- Is Online Right for Me? — Get an overview of how online learning works and what skills you need to be successful; noon to 1 p.m. March 15 in room 336 of the Student Center.
- Depression: Overcoming Sadness and Disappointment — Learn productive ways to express your sadness, overcome your hurts and live a happier life; 5-6 p.m. March 15 in room 336 of the Student Center.
- Overcoming Procrastination — Learn ways to break the habit and accomplish your goals; 5-6 p.m. March 16 in room 336 of the Student Center.
- Financial Aid Facts — Learn all about grants, loans and scholarships from a GRCC financial aid expert; 12:30-1:30 p.m. March 20 in room 336 of the Student Center.
- Stress Management and Relaxation — Learn stress management strategies and relaxation methods you can use to recharge your body and mind; 1:30-2:30 p.m. March 22 in room 336 of the Student Center.
- Career Planning Basics — Get a full review of the most important factors to consider when choosing a career; 3:30-4:30 p.m. March 23 in room 336 of the Student Center.
- Managing Anxiety: Strategies for In and Out of the Classroom — Learn the causes of anxiety, how to recognize the symptoms and strategies for soothing the anxious mind; 3:30-4:30 p.m. March 28 in room 336 of the Student Center.