GRCC’s Business Cafe series will look at the MWest Challenge and emailing during February. All the sessions, held in the room 201 (the business tutorial lab) of Cook, are drop-in — so stay for 10 minutes or the entire time — and snacks are provided!
Here’s the schedule for February:
- MWest Challenge — Assistant professor Matheta Righa will discuss the MWest Challenge student venture competition from 2-3 p.m. Feb. 13. A Kuyper College representatives will also discuss business programs.
- Transfer Resources — Associate professor Brent Spitler will review resources that can help you make that transfer decision from 1-3 p.m. Feb. 15. Universities represented will include the University of Michigan-Dearborn, Central Michigan University, Davenport University, Ferris State University, Grand Valley State University, Western Michigan University, Kuyper College, Aquinas College and Northwood University.
- Email Like a Pro: This is Not a Text — Professor Ann Alexander will look at principles for creating effective emails that deliver your message with competence and credibility from 10 a.m. to noon Feb. 22. A Western Michigan University representatives will also discuss business programs.
- I Want to Major in Accounting: Now What? — From 4-5 p.m. Feb. 23, professor Richard Barnhart will offer guidance to students planning on getting an Associate of Business with an accounting major at GRCC as well as those planning to transfer to a four-year school to complete their accounting education.
- Thinking About a Major in Accounting? — From 1-3 p.m. Feb. 27, assistant professor Jennifer Knauf will offer guidance on requirements for an Associate of Business with an accounting major at GRCC as well as transferring to a four-year college. She will also discuss accounting careers, CPA requirements and internships.